Get to Know Healthy Lifestyle Tips for Pregnant Women
A healthy lifestyle of pregnant women starts with consuming nutrients right during pregnancy. Maintaining food intake with balanced nutrition, and leading a healthy life will make your pregnancy more secure and comfortable.
Align the Nutrition Intake
Pregnant women need more intake of protein, vitamins and minerals such as folic acid and iron. Pregnancy is also a good time for mothers, to make changes to a better diet. Get a balanced nutritional intake, which is good for pregnant women here.
Important facts for mother:
- Pregnant women should adopt a healthier diet, not more.
- Vary your healthy menu to get all the good benefits from the nutritional content of food.
- According to the 2013 Indonesian Nutrition Adequacy Rate (AKG), in the first trimester, mothers need to get 180 kilos more calories each day.
- After stepping into the second trimester of pregnancy, you need to get an additional calorie intake of about 300 kilos of calories per day.
- When entering the last trimester of pregnancy, you need an additional calorie intake of 300 kilos of calories per day.
Avoid Alcohol and Caffeine
Avoid all negative effects of drinks containing alcohol or caffeine can avoid the risk of fetal growth disorders. Here are the things that are important for mothers to know:
- During pregnancy, mothers are advised not to consume drinks that contain too much caffeine, such as coffee, tea, and soft drinks. Consumption of more than two cups of coffee during pregnancy can interfere with the development of the developing fetus in the womb.
- Drinking alcohol during pregnancy increases the risk of physical disability, mental retardation and emotional problems in the baby.
- Alcohol increases the risk of a mother having a miscarriage.